Teeth Braces are an Effective Way to Enhance Your Smile
Have you ever wished to have a perfect smile like the ones you see in movies and TV shows? The secret is modern teeth braces.
Americans of all ages and social backgrounds live with daily embarrassment caused by an imperfect smile. If you have ever covered your mouth when laughing or smiling, it’s most likely due to having crooked teeth, not because of bad breath.
As we all know, the solution is braces for teeth, but a taboo still lingers in the air when it comes to grown ups having braces. Adults avoid getting proper treatment for multiple reasons including cost, but time is more of a concern since no adult wants to spend two years with metal in their mouth.
Few people are lucky enough to be born with perfect teeth, but orthodontic treatment can make a huge difference for you.
Lucky there’s a better solution. teeth braces have changed many lives for the better since the technology became available. Become the best version of you with six-month smiles in Clairemont, San Diego.
There are a few different types of teeth braces. Choosing the right kind depends on what you’re looking to correct about your teeth.
What is Six Month Smiles® Cosmetic Braces?
Six Month Smiles® short term orthodontic treatment is a modern twist on tried-and-true orthodontics. There is a little debate within the orthodontic community that braces are the most widely used and most effective method to give patients straight, healthy teeth and a beautiful smile.
Six Month Smiles has taken the best aspects of braces and modified the treatment and the materials to give adults a common-sense, cosmetic solution that fits your lifestyle.
Six Month Smiles uses low force wires and moves teeth no faster than conventional orthodontics. The goal of Six Month Smiles cases is very similar to aligners.
4 Benefits of Having Six Month Smiles Braces?
We are proud to offer treatments, which provide our clients with a range of dental health, aesthetic and functional benefits. Six Month Smiles is part of our orthodontic range of treatments, and it is a very popular choice for patients who are looking for a great looking smile and super-fast results.
Here are some of the benefits of Six Month Smiles:
- Speed. Is the greatest selling point of this system, as treatment takes around half the time of traditional fixed braces. This treatment takes just six months to straighten the teeth, making it a great choice for people who have a deadline to meet, such as an interview or wedding, and those who are desperate to enjoy the benefits of treatment without a lengthy wait.
- Aesthetics. Six Month Smile teeth braces aren’t invisible as such, but they are much less noticeable than traditional fixed braces. The brackets are smaller, and they are made from clear materials, while the wires are matched to the color of the teeth. Many patients worry about what other people will think about their braces or how they will feel about their looks once they start treatment, but with these braces, the image doesn’t have to be an issue, and patients can enjoy smiling with confidence.
- Comfort. Six Month Smiles work very quickly, but they don’t compromise on comfort, as they use self-ligating wires to reduce friction. The braces are also light and fine.
- Cost. As the treatment process is simple and the time is so short, fewer appointments are required, and this means that treatment is considerably cheaper than other orthodontic treatments.
The Major Differences Between 6 Month Smiles & Normal Braces?
- Treatment time for traditional metal braces is usually 2-3 years while Six Month Smiles braces require six months only.
- Traditional braces show metal framework while Six Month Smiles system uses clear brackets and tooth colored wires.
- Traditional braces fix other dental problems about dental braces while Six Month Smiles focuses on the cosmetic part of aligning the front teeth.
- Traditional braces cost more than Six Month Smiles.
Does Six Month Smiles Really Move Teeth Faster?
San Diego six-month smiles work like traditional braces but are clear and difficult to notice. Six-month teeth braces do not fix underbites or overbites as regular braces would, but can straighten the front teeth in half a year.
The prioritized focus of six-month smiles in Clairemont, San Diego, is to align the teeth that show when you smile. Not everyone is a candidate for this procedure, but those who are will undoubtedly benefit from It smiles more than regular teeth braces.
Brackets that take years to align teeth are perfect for children and teenagers since their bite is still developing. An adult, on the other hand, is no longer concerned about developing an overbite or underbite, paving the way for a procedure such as six-month smiles in San Diego.
Which Type of Teeth Braces are Right for Me?
Six-month braces have saved the lives of many in a record amount of time by straightening the front teeth as best as possible. Unfortunately, however, six months is not enough time for everyone. You need to ask your dentist or orthodontist if a six-month smile is right for you, but here are some eligibility questions to take into consideration.
You need to ask your dentist or orthodontist if a six-month smile is right for you, but here are some eligibility questions to take into consideration.
- Why do you want to change your smile? Most people would answer this by saying, “I want to be more confident.” Others might have an event coming up within the year, like a wedding, and six-month braces would be the only solution.
- Do your teeth crowd together? Are there spaces between your teeth? Are any of your teeth out of position? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be the perfect candidate for six-month braces.
- How crooked are your teeth? Some teeth have suffered damage beyond possible repair with six-month braces. Dental implants might be necessary in cases of extreme misalignment, or when the bite is dropping.
- Are there any other aspects of your smile you want to change? Whether you want a teeth bleaching procedure done, or are in need of a mouthguard to fight teeth grinding, six-month smiles will allow for this and more to be done.
5 Awesome Reasons Why Adults Should Get Braces
Some adults were unable to have teeth braces in their younger years to correct dental problems like:
- Crooked or crowded teeth – caused by lack of adequate space for alignment.
- Overbite – also known as vertical overlap. It is when the upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth more than the average measurement that the edges of the upper front teeth almost drop below the lower front teeth.
- Underbite – is a condition wherein the lower front teeth overlap the upper front teeth.
- Overjet – also known as horizontal overlap. It is when the upper teeth project beyond normal extent with the lower teeth in the horizontal direction.
- Jaw Joint Disorders – or Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorder often show signs like the clicking of the joint near the ears.
Nowadays, most jobs require good dental health. Employees prefer good looking, presentable, with a good set of teeth. Impeccably aligned teeth also boost your confidence in facing people every day.
The Process of Getting Teeth Braces With Our San Diego Dentist
When you meet with the orthodontist, we will ask you questions about your health and perform a clinical exam. We will take a series of X-rays of your head and mouth, along with photographs and an impression that will be used to create a plaster model of your teeth.
Once we have all the relevant information, the orthodontist will prescribe a plan of treatment best suited for your particular situation.
Typically, the orthodontist will begin by thoroughly cleaning and drying your teeth. Next, he will apply an adhesive substance to your teeth to attach the brackets. Once they are in place, he will install the arch wire into the brackets and use elastic to secure them in place. Typically, the entire process takes between 1 and 2 hours.
Though the procedure itself is not painful, it is not uncommon to feel some level of discomfort afterward. Initially, your tongue and cheek will rub against the braces, which may cause some sensitivity, and your teeth may feel sore. Getting used to the braces will typically take about a week.
How to Brush Your Teeth With Braces On?
Whether your children have braces for six months or two years, one thing is sure: It is crucial that they learn how to brush their teeth with braces. Dental braces make cleaning difficult because food particles and plaque can adhere to the brackets and teeth.
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), the number of times a person with braces should brush each day varies from orthodontist to orthodontist, but it is important to brush after every meal.
- Brushing Teeth With Braces. Before you clean, rinse with water. It can help loosen any food lodged in and around the braces. When you’re ready to brush, use an fluoride toothpaste and start by brushing at the gumline. After cleaning the gum line, place the toothbrush on top of the brackets, angling down to brush on top of each bracket.Make sure to brush every tooth at the gum line as well as above and below the brackets. Will ensure you’ll reach the majority of the tooth’s surface and help to remove plaque and food debris.
- Cleaning Between Teeth. Flossing is a crucial step toward keeping teeth healthy. Use a floss threader to make flossing with braces easier. Soft picks can help brush very tight spaces. After brushing, you can help prevent cavities by rinsing with a fluoride mouth rinse.
Taking care of teeth with braces requires diligence. Kids in braces don’t always have the discipline they need to care for their teeth, so it’s important for parents to encourage and help with tooth care. And, even with braces on, kids should see their dentist twice a year for cleanings and checkups.
Why Orthodontic Aftercare is so Important?
Once your braces are placed on your teeth, it’s important for you to care for them properly to get the best results. Standard dental practices, such as daily brushing and flossing, should be maintained. When brushing, it’s important to clean your teeth thoroughly.
Consider using a proxy brush – a small interdental cleaning device – to help you clean those hard to reach areas around your braces and orthodontic wires. Because brushing will be more difficult with braces, you will need to spend more than two minutes a day to thoroughly clean around the brackets and remove plaque at the gum line.
When flossing, always use dental floss that is waxed to prevent it from getting stuck between your braces. Using a floss threader is key, first, cut a piece of floss that is 18 inches in length, place the floss through the floss threader, thread the floss just under the wire of your braces and carefully pass it between the two adjacent teeth. Repeat this process and move the floss to a clean area and repeat the back and forth motion with all of your teeth, upper and lower.
You will also need to pay particular attention to the foods you eat. Foods that are high in sugar may lead to excess plaque buildup that can cause damage to your teeth.
Additionally, foods such as caramel, gummy candies, popcorn, and nuts, are good to avoid, as they can become lodged in the braces themselves. Lastly, you should make sure to visit a dental professional for any subsequent check-ups and regular appointments with your orthodontist for adjustments to your braces.
Latest News & Articles Regarding Your Oral Health
Take some time to read the latest news and articles regarding your oral health. This includes helpful tips on how to improve your dental health and articles regarding innovations in the dental world. In the meantime, we also included some tips to make your dental tourism trip much easier and comfortable.
Finally, we also include some interesting reads for a better understanding of the medical dental field. At Serena Family & Cosmetic Dentistry we care about you, but most of all, we value your trust.