Cosmetic dentistry enhancement can have dramatic results on your look; even the tiniest step can boost your self-esteem and confidence and make you want to smile more often.
With dental technology evolving every day, cosmetic treatments and procedures can range from basic color correction to the replacement of multiple missing teeth.
A smile restoration or makeover can improve the appearance of your smile through one or more cosmetic procedures.
Exploring your options at our dental office can be your first step to restore your smile, especially if your teeth are discolored, worn, stained, misshaped, chipped, or have gaps between.
Cosmetic dentistry and new dental advancements can give you a better smile and boost your confidence in the process.
You will find more details about cosmetic dentistry in this article. Smile enhancement procedures whose objective is to improve the teeth’ appearance and function also improve oral health and correct your bite.
Let’s start by reviewing the main cosmetic dental procedures
This treatment can be one of the simplest and least expensive ways to enhance a smile. Teeth whitening is fast and an easy way to brighten teeth.
A professional dentist will use state-of-the-art, LED light technology to get the procedure done.
Over time, tooth enamel can be discolored or become stained. Teeth whitening is an excellent alternative to enhance your smile. There are many reasons you may need this treatment, including:
- Yellow teeth or smoking stains.
- Contact with stain-causing food and beverages over time (such as coffee, sauces, berries, coffee, sodas, black tea, and red wine.
If your teeth are stained, tooth whitening may help.
Veneers are wafer-thin, custom-made shells made of resin or porcelain that mimic the color of your teeth. Dental veneers are placed over the front surface of your teeth to improve the appearance.
The best advantage of veneers is giving you a brighter and more even smile. Cosmetic dentists use veneers to treat the following issues:
- Smaller-than-average teeth.
- Chipped or broken teeth.
- Severe discoloration or uneven coloring that can’t be fixed with teeth whitening.
- Gaps in teeth, especially at the front.
- Pointed or oddly shaped teeth
This alternative of smile enhancement can last for more than 15 years, depending on the type of material you choose, making them a semipermanent investment that can boost your self-esteem.
Dental implants are an alternative that fixes both cosmetic and functioning aspects. Replacing missing teeth can be beneficial for your oral health, improving chewing, bite, etc.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root, similar in shape to screws. When a dental implant is placed in your jawbone, they bond with your bone naturally.
Implants become a sturdy base for supporting one or more artificial teeth, called dental crowns that are custom-made to match your teeth’ color.
Dental implants in San Diego and around the world have been used successfully for over 30 years.
Implants are the strongest material available for replacing missing teeth. The most reliable and durable option that allows patients to enjoy new teeth that look, feel, and function just like real ones.
This dental treatment consists of changing the position of the teeth through external forces.
There are different methods of orthodontics; your dental office will tell you which is the most appropriate for your case:
- Removable orthodontics: It can be removed from the oral cavity without the need to go to the dentist. This type of orthodontics sometimes is used as the second part of treatment after a period with fixed orthodontics.
- Fixed orthodontics: It is a type of orthodontics that must be removed by a dentist; it is commonly known as braces. Today technology has advanced to be able to offer much more discreet and aesthetic solutions to the patient.
- Aesthetic orthodontics: Seeks the highest effectiveness combined with the best aesthetic performance. This type of orthodontics can be fixed or removable.
When describing a “beautiful smile,” it is not only about teeth, but three distinct components that must be taken into account: lips, gums, and teeth.
The dentist must concentrate on all of them to obtain the desired balance in the results.
A cosmetic dentist will consider the face as a whole, achieving a correct harmony between the mouth and the face’s rest.
Dental crowns are also called caps, and replaces the entire decayed or damaged tooth above the gum line, restoring strength, shape, size, and appearance.
A tooth crown keeps a weak tooth from breaking or hold a cracked one together.
You may need a dental crown if:
- You have a tooth that is chipped or cracked, worn down, or otherwise weakened.
- When you have a large cavity that is too big for a filling.
- After a root canal treatment — the crown will protect the restored tooth.
- You want to cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth and enhance your smile.
Dental crowns in Clairemont and worldwide are made from different types of materials, including metal alloys, porcelain, resin, ceramic, or porcelain fused to metal.
Dental crowns are made to match the color of your neighboring teeth to improve appearance.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Clairemont
If you are looking to improve your smile’s appearance and health, call us today to book your appointment.
We are open and taking new patients.